The male graduates of field practical nursing programme and Emergency Medical Technician Programme (EMT) are prepared to serve at Field Medical Battalion (FMB). The females graduated as Practical Nurses are working at the Military Hospital (nursing services)
[I] FIELD PRACTICAL NURSING (FPN) PROGRAMME
The programme aims to graduate military personnel who are highly competent to offer nursing care and emergency first aid in case of peace, disaster and war. The programme is offered in English Language, it is a full-time two study years which is divided into two parts:
a) The PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAMME is an 18-month course in which the student gains theoretical knowledge and practice in Nursing at a variety of settings, (Military Hospital, Salmaniya Hospital) and Health Centers.
- FIELD OPERATIONS is a 6-month course which consists of:
- Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare
- Ambulance Driving and Dispatcher Course
- Fire Fighting and Evacuation of Casualties
- Wireless Communication, Compass and Map Reading
- Field Practices and Exercises
- Advanced Pharmacology and Drug Dispensary
- Secondary School Certificate (Tawjihi)
- Should pass the Entrance Exam and the personal interview (School of Royal Medical Services Requirement).
- Should pass physical and medical fitness (BDF Requirements)
The graduates are awarded Field Practical Nursing Diploma which permit them to be licensed and registered by the Ministry of Health Licensure and Registration Office. The graduates can work at various health care settings.
[II] EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN PROGRAM (EMT)
A training program which aims to graduate military personnel who are competent to offer Emergency and First Aid Care at Field Medical Battalion and Ambulance Services. The programmes are offered in English Language which is of six-month duration.
- First Aid and Emergency Care, Theory and Practice
- Practice Triage at Ambulance Services and Camp Clinics
- Ambulance Driving Dispatcher Training
- Field Evaluation of Casualties
- Communications/Compass and Map Reading
- Fire Fighting
- Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare
Secondary School Certificate (Tawjihi)
Must Pass the Entrance Exam and the personal interview (School of Royal Medical Services Requirement).
Must pass physical and medical fitness (BDF Requirements)
The graduates are awarded Emergency Medical Technician Certificate which permit them to work at Military Services Ambulance Services, Camp Clinics and Field Medical Battalion.
[III] TRIAGE COURSE
This course aims to enhance nursing staff assessment skills and knowledge in triaging at Emergency Department.
[IV] DOSPATCHER COURSE
This course aims to develop skills and knowledge required in order to become an effective emergency communication dispatcher in Ambulance Services.
[V] ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE
Various English courses (All Levels) are offered to military service employees which aim to improve the English language according to Medical Service’s needs.
First Aid Courses
1) First Aid
It is a 3-week course aims to train other BDF Unit employees in all First Aid Skills and Procedures. This course will make the trainees qualified to perform self and partner’s First Aid procedures.
2) 1st Aid Trainers Training Course
It is an 8-week course which aims to prepare trainers who are able to train the employees at their units in First Aid. The trainers get advanced 1st Aid Training and the Fundamental Concepts in teaching/ learning methods and the use of different training materials/aids. It also provides practical training in ambulance to be acquainted with management of the emergency casualties.
3) 1st Aid Trainers Refresher Course
It is a 3-week training/practice sessions for First Aid Trainers held simultaneously with the basic First Aid Course. It aims to strengthen and advance their teaching/training skills.
1) Male Military Course
A compulsory course which aims to orient the recruits to military training which is based on the same training contents offered by BDF Royal Military Training Centre.
2) Female Military Training
A compulsory course for military female personnel which aims to prepare all female employees (officers/non-officers) to gain military skills and knowledge.
3) Military Refresher Course for Female
A short course which aims to refresh Military skills and knowledge of all the female military personnel employed at BDF.
4) Military Clerk Course for Female
It is a specialized course for female BDF employees to be oriented to the basic requirements to work as a military clerk.
5) Preparation Course for Military Promotions/Classification Exams
This course aims to prepare military personnel for military examination due for promotion and/or classification.