The department of physiotherapy at B.D.F provides certain unique services which put us on the forefront of physiotherapy in Bahrain and the immediate region.
Our state of the art equipment and highly qualified and experienced staff ensure that patients are offered he highest level of care available.
- Painful conditions such as arthritis, repetitive strain injury, neck and back pain, Trauma, including road traffic accidents, Fractures, ruptured tendons/muscles.
- Strokes, Spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal and peripheral nerve injury, Facial, Bells Palsy
- Pediatric Neurological Conditions including Cerebral Palsy, Delayed milestones
- ACL, Meniscal injuries, Ligament sprain, ruptured muscles/Tendons.
Treatment of Post Surgical Conditions:
- ACL reconstructions, Fractures, Amputations, Caesarian Sections, Post Burns/Plastic surgery
24 Hour Coverage:
To ensure comprehensive services to critically ill patients, cardiopulmonary physiotherapy is available 24 hours a day. Patients can be assured of access to respiratory care when they need it.
Work related injuries or chronic conditions can be quite costly, both to employee and employer however, most can be prevented and treated. We have programs that provide work site assessments, ergonomic advice and injury rehabilitation that can assist our clients reduce costs and create a more effective and efficient workplace.
- Tailored exercise program for strength, endurance and co-ordination to suit individual conditions /needs.
- Manual Therapy including mobilization, manipulation, soft tissue release, trigger point management.
- Neurodevelopment technique (NDT), Sensory integration
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy (for tendonitis of heel, elbow and shoulder)
- Electrotherapy (Interferential, TENS, Electrical Muscle stimulation) Ultrasound, Traction, Shortwave Diathermy.
- Aqua Therapy (exercises in water for Orthopedic, Neurologic and Pediatric cases)
- Acupuncture, Acupressure.
The Physical therapy department at BDFRMS boasts of having some of the most highly qualified and experienced staff in the region. There are two Locations of Physiotherapy department one in the old hospital building and the other one in the new hospital building, Telephone number: 17766668, 17766409 (male) – 17766669,1766696 (female), Fax number: 17766749. Working hours: From 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, private clinic from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm.