- Daily visiting hours: 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
- ICU(Intensive Care Unit): 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm
- During weekends: 10.00 am to 12.00 pm & 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm
- Families should speak to the patient's nurse to determine the most appropriate visitation schedule. In consideration of our patients and others, we ask that you limit visitors to two per patient at a time. Children are permitted as visitors but must be under adult supervision at all times.
- National Bank of Bahrain ATM, located at the ground floor near the "AlJazeera" roastery, main entrance of New Hospital Building.
- Cell Phones are permitted in some areas of the hospital. Usually signs are posted in areas with cell phone restrictions.
- We have a hospital directory (through our computer system) that lists the name, hospital, room number, room phone number, general condition and religion of each patient if provided. This information is only shared with people (visitors/callers) who ask for you by name. You have the right to have your information excluded from this directory. Please note if you do exclude your information, we will not be able to acknowledge your presence as a patient to any callers or visitors.
Fine and healthy cuisine
- After you go home, we encourage you to continue to seek information and support about your disease, treatment and healthy lifestyles. BDFRMS has many resources to help you with this. These resources are available to anyone in the community(the nurse gives the instructions and medical advices when the patient is discharged from ward).
- For your convenience, a staff member may call you so that you can register ahead of time. Upon arrival, you still will need to stop in the Registration/Admitting Department briefly, in order to sign paperwork.
- Patient admission:
- Many patients are admitted through the Registration/Admitting Department, (+973) 17766666, on the ground floor, New Hospital Building. In special cases (e.g., an emergency, patients coming from another hospital, patients transported by ambulance) patients are admitted through the Emergency Department. In these cases, the admitting staff will get the information from either you or your family.
- If you are coming for an outpatient procedure, test or treatment, your doctor's office will give you instructions about the time to arrive, where to go and how to register. Depending on your procedure or test, you may want to have a family member or friend drive you home.
Cafeterias in the Hospital
- Food court is located in the ground floor of the new hospital as well as a coffee shop"Karaz" is located at the ground floor , main Entrance of Old Hospital Building.