The department’s activities focus on continuous improvement taking into consideration the needs and expectation of Royal Medical Services’ customers. This is obtained through getting customers feedback by utilizing the hospital suggestion boxes, complaints forms, surveys, etc.
The following are some of the Quality Management programs that provided throughout the organization:
- Reporting, investigating and monitoring incidents on a daily basis such as unusual occurrence, near misses, sentinel events, etc. and providing corrective actions through incident reporting system (Occurrence/Variance/Accident Report).
- Reviewing and monitoring Code Red (CPR) and variances of clinical pathways.
- Reviewing and monitoring patients’ length of stay, physician profile, mortality and morbidity, etc.
Performance Measurement and Improvement:
- Management of customers’ complaints and feedback provided through Customer’s Comment / Suggestions and Complaint Form (near suggestion boxes of in the wards), telephone and surveys.
- Monitor different quality indicators.
- Support implementation of quality improvements throughout the hospital.
- Preventing and controlling infections between patients, from or to healthcare workers through Surveillance program, Nosocomial Infection, Surgical Site Infection and Sharps Injuries.
Education, Training and Development:
- Continuously conducts various education programs, studies; and establishes and review policies and procedures.
Issuing QM Newsletter