The department of medicine encompasses different specialties such as internal medicine, pulmonary medicine, rheumatology, nephrology, neurology, endocrinology and gastroenterology.
The following specialized services are also available at our department:
- Diabetes and endocrine center: this state of art center was open in 2007; the clinic is run on daily bases, accepting pediatric patient. There are also full time dieticians diabetic nurses and a podiatrist. Contact 17766434 for more information.
- Pulmonary lap: pulmonary function tests are carried out daily for patient of all ages , with on the spot reporting and patient education by a full time pulmonary lap nurse. For appointment call 17766075.
- Clinical neurophysiology lap: established in 2006,this unique service provides EEG,EMG and evoked potential studies for patients of all ages, including pediatrics. We are in the process of expending with a future plan of establishing a sleep lap and an epilepsy monitoring unit (EMU). For more information contact 17766739.
- The Hemodialysis unit: this fully-equipped busy unit provides hemodialysis for over 100 patients divided in to2 shifts. The unit also provides services for emergency hemodialysis and plasmaphoresis. The HD team consists of a highly-qualified, highly experience consultant Nephrologist, Chief Resident, Senior Resident, aresident and a qualified HD nursing team.
- Endoscopy Unit: this busy unit is run by two consultant, Gastroenterologist, procedures such as upper and lower GI endoscopies (therapeutic and diagnostic),ERCP, insertion of percutaneous gastric tubes and weight reduction procedure(e.g. bioenteric gastric balloons) are done daily basis. Additional service will be included in the near future including esophageal Ph monitoring and GI motility studies, for more information contact on 17766614.