What Makes Our Center Distinguished:
The centre has been recognized as "the first centre in the Middle East to be accredited by two different organizations".It has accreditation from the European Council for bariatric and metabolic surgery and the American Corporation for metabolic and bariatric Surgical Review.
Metabolic and Bariatric Center’s Team:
The team members meet on a weekly basis to discuss all cases, without any discrimination and/or exceptions. The ongoing cooperation between our specialists, doctors, and patients along with providing the best possible treatment plan (i.e. on a global scale) is our main goal at the center. By achieving this, we are providing our patients with the best and highest quality of service.
Directed by Maj. Gen. (Prof.) Khalid AL-Khalifa, MBBS, FRCS(I), FRCP(I) - Consultant General Surgeon, the metabolic and bariatric team consists of the following members:We believe that obesity may be treated in the long run and with great success. This can be done through the help, cooperation, and teamwork between all our specialists. Having a team of certified and experienced health professionals from different medical fields is essential for treatment. Through the clarification, proper instructions, and gradual steps toward treatment, our team may guide and support the patient towards a successful journey towards optimal weight loss.
- Dr. Haya Khalfan (Consultant General Surgeon)
- Dr. Thamer Al-Abbasi (Consultant General Surgeon)
- Dr. Rashad Al-Qassim (Consultant Anesthesiologist, Chronic & Interventional pain medicine)
- Dr. Zuhal Ghandour (Consultant Gastroenteologist)
- Dr. Sanad Jassim (Consultant Gastroenteologist)
- Dr. Mohammed Aslam (MRCP Consultant Pulmonologistl)
- Dr. Munther Suwaileh- (Consultant Radiology )
- Maj. (Dr). Ahmed Al-Ansari (Consultant in Medical Education)
- 1st Lt. (Dr.) Rashid Al-Amer , Surgical Resident
- SN Safeyah AL-Ajlan (Bariatric Metabolic Nurse Coordinator)
- 1st Lt. Sheen Albuflah (Physiotherapist and Physical Trainer)
- Ms. Noora Al-Mutawaa (Physiotherapist and Physical Trainer)
- Ms. May Showaiter (Dietitian)
- Ms. Zain Buallay (Eating Disorder Specialist)